Writing, Editing, Teaching & Coaching
What Ken Bresler and the Clear Writing Co. can do for you:
- Create legal, financial, business, and health-related documents that are easy to understand.
- Write website content that gets to the point.
- Improve your workplace writing with seminars and one-on-one coaching.
Bresler has worked with:
- Simplify, a communications firm in New York City, to rewrite mutual fund prospectuses in plain English.
- Putnam Investments, Boston, to streamline its disclosures.
- A publisher in New York to write a guide to 401(k)s in plain English.
- Reebok International to make its guidelines for human rights production standards easier to read, including for non-native speakers of English.
- Kasina, an e-business consulting firm, to edit its annual survey of financial service websites.
- Citizens Health, a discount prescription program in New England, to write its recruitment and enrollment material for prospective members.
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, to edit a newsletter.
- Learning.net to create an on-line course about a banking regulation.
- FreeTaxPrep.com to write Frequently Asked Questions about tax issues.
- California’s family law courts to simplify more than 40 forms.
- The International Bar Association, London, to write a legal needs assessment of Angola.
- Harvard Law School’s legal services clinic to edit white papers on access to justice and make them easier to read.
- Harvard Law School to write a case study on a human rights trial in Haiti and co-write a case study on the role of lawyers in the interrogation scandals in Iraq and elsewhere.
- Magnificent Publications to turn a 200-page book manuscript on a legal case into a more concise and readable 100-page manuscript.
- The Albert Einstein Institution, a nonprofit group in Boston, to edit an academic paper and make it easier to read.
- Paradigm Works, an engineering consulting firm, to create its website content.
- AK Media Solutions to create and streamline content for commercial websites.
He is experienced in working with graphic designers to present complex ideas clearly. Click for examples.